just me.. just elj...

just random thoughts...

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Have you ever been fired from a job? :'(

You know? It didn't really feel good and I think it will never be.

LJ. We have to talk.. He said.

OK. Then, we went to a coffee shop just near the condo.

We appreciate that you're working hard, but I think you're not smart. Do you think you are?

Kasi we're worried about your code. For us, design is more important than your hard work.

We have this guy that we think that could replace you.

We know LJ, you're the Founding Engineer of Eskwela but if you were in my shoes, what would you do? Will you give yourself another chance?

You know LJ, It's hard for me. Firing people is not really easy.

LJ. Are you OK?


Yes. (Pero sa toto lang, hindi. Gusto kong umiyak ng umiyak na lang.)

So, how long do you want for another chance? 1 week? 2 weeks? Ay, may turn-over pa pala no?

Hindi ako nakasagot kagad. Hindi ko alam.


Habang papalapit kami sa pabalik sa room, gusto ko nang umiyak. I wanted to see Aldous and cry.

Pero pagdating namin sa room, wala sila. Nagpunta sila sa bagong office namin.

Ang bigat-bigat na ng loob ko. Wala pa rin si Aldous.

Now, ano nang gagawin ko? Hindi ako makapag-isip ng maayos.

Then, I heard them singing "Happy Birthday to you..... " and I saw Aldous holding a cake.

Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko. Umiyak na ko. Umiyak ako ng malakas covering my face with my hands. Halong kaba, lungkot, saya. Grabeh! Hindi ko maintindihan ang feeling.

After few minutes of crying. I was still in shock. I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. Andun pa rin yung feeling na I was fired. Nakalimutan kong birthday ko pala.

Nilabas na nila lahat ng food. Ako, tulala pa rin. Ang sama talaga ng feeling ng tinanggal ka sa trabaho. Isang oras pa siguro bago ko nahimasmasan. Obviously, pinagtripan at pinaiyak lang nila ko.

Well, what can I say. That was really a surprise. Touched ako...

Thank you. Thank you for the food and effort. Thank you for the time you spent in planning the surprise.

Thank you very very much, T, Ross, Anne, G, Jopes, Jolo and Aldous.

I will never forget this day, really.

hotdogs and cheese

Macaroni ni G

Happy Birthday Ross & LJ!

Yum!

Hindi ko maubos food ko. Nabusog na ko sa iyak.

Jopes love Greg... love G?

Mga alak na ininom nila (in 6 months)

Table with food, laptop, cables, etc. Ang gulo ng workstation namin..:D

The Pikitchen

Aldous, LJ, G and Greg

1 Comments:

  • At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cry baby!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free web site hit counter