just me.. just elj...

just random thoughts...

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Userinit Deleted from Registry

I was infected by a virus (again, argh!) named userinit.exe. Thanks to that anti-virus app that helped me remove the virus from my PC. But just to make sure that the virus is totally unloaded to the memory, I usually clean the registry too. Stupid me, I deleted that userinit (windows registry) line! Goodluck! I can't login. Wuhahaha. What should I do?! Everytime, I login it logs me out automatically.

First attempt:
Safe-mode
No luck.

Second attempt:
Last Known Good Configuration
It didn't work.

Research...
Third attempt:
Restore or Recovery Console using Windows XP CD
Didn't work either.

Research...
Forth attempt:
Using another computer, Connect Network Registry via Registry Editor.
Still unsuccessful.

More Research...
Fifth attempt, 4am:
Using Bart PE, http://windowsxp.mvps.org/peboot.htm
Yay! Success! After 10 years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free web site hit counter